Our Curriculum Aims
Our objectives are to:
- plan, teach, assess, deliver & monitor a curriculum that reflects the expectations of the National curriculum as an entitlement for all children;
- enable all pupils to work in an atmosphere that is exciting, stimulating and challenging in order for them to develop into independent learners.;
- provide the children with a wide range of opportunities, resources & teaching styles to promote knowledge, skills and understanding;
- actively promotes the 6 principles of ‘Attitudes for Learning’ so that all pupils become independent learners.
- Enable children to gain a deep understanding ‘mastery’ of English and mathematics as early as possible. Our first priority is to build a secure foundation in these subjects as these are the basis for all other learning.
The children will be taught to collect and use information from a wide variety of sources and make sensible choices in all aspects of their learning.
Our curriculum aims to be:
- broad, so that children are given a wide view of the world about them;
- balanced, so that they are offered appropriate amounts of time depending on the importance of the subjects they are studying;
- coherent, so that the children can make connections between subjects, where they overlap and interconnect;
- differentiated, so that children of different abilities are taught areas of the curriculum at their level, and are not prevented from making progress;
- continuous and progressive, so that children move smoothly from one stage to the next, at their pace and level of understanding.
We follow the National Curriculum and have updated our curriculum in line with the New National Curriculum from September 2014.