Equality and Diversity
We pride ourselves on being a welcoming and inclusive school. For us at Little Hill equality means that everyone is able to participate and feel welcome and safe in the activities of our school. This includes pupils, parents, staff, governors and visitors. Everyone should be able to achieve the best possible outcomes as a result of their participation. We believe that equality should permeate all aspects of school life and is the responsibility of all members of the school and community
At our school diversity means acknowledging that there are differences between people that should be recognised, respected and celebrated. We promote respect of each other’s differences and identities. We celebrate and raise awareness of diversity in the school and in the wider community and believe that teaching children about diversity prepares them for life in modern Britain.
The Equality Act 2010
We have developed our policy through the Equality Act 2010. We want our children to learn that we all belong together regardless of different races, religions, sexualities, genders, abilities and ages. We encourage children to be proud of their differences and to understand the importance of not discriminating against, or being unfair to others, because of their differences.
Our schools equality objectives are:
- To establish a culture of inclusivity throughout all aspects of school life
- To promote equality of opportunity and understanding of the equality act amongst the members of our school community
- To build character in pupils so that they are confident, resilient, respectful and caring citizens.
- To enable children to understand and accept differences between themselves and others.
- To prepare children for life in modern Britain through a celebration of diversity